The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot (EI – Regional Pilot) is open. This program offers opportunities for entrepreneurs from around the world to establish businesses in regional communities. The participating communities are published on the BC-PNP website. More information about the program is found on the BC-PNP website.
This interim pathway is for Caregivers who have been working in Canada temporarily and did not qualify for any other current caregiver program . They must meet all criteria and requirements and the application for Permanent Residency must be submitted before the June 4, 2019 deadline. More information on the IRCC website.
As per March 1, 2019, the following changes are implemented:
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot will be extended by two years to December 2021.
- International graduates will now have 24 months post-graduation to apply for the AIP.
- Employers in the healthcare sector will be able to hire internationally trained nurses to work as continuing care and home care support workers in order to fill job vacancies.
- The Atlantic provinces will have new authorities to focus their AIP spaces on in-demand labour market needs.
- Applicants must meet the language, education and work experience requirements of the AIP prior to being approved for a work permit
More information here.