As per March 1, 2019, the following changes are implemented:
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot will be extended by two years to December 2021.
- International graduates will now have 24 months post-graduation to apply for the AIP.
- Employers in the healthcare sector will be able to hire internationally trained nurses to work as continuing care and home care support workers in order to fill job vacancies.
- The Atlantic provinces will have new authorities to focus their AIP spaces on in-demand labour market needs.
- Applicants must meet the language, education and work experience requirements of the AIP prior to being approved for a work permit
More information here.