Work Permit

The rules for work permits are many and complex. Depending on the type of work, foreign workers may need a Work Permit to work in Canada. Also in order to qualify for a work permit, foreign workers need a job offer to obtain a work permit, although there are exceptions. Employers who want to hire foreign workers to fill temporary labour and skill shortages need to apply through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Through the International Mobility Program (IMP),  employers can hire foreign workers who need a work permit to work without the need to apply for an LMIA.

We assist with all of the foreign worker permits you might need, including NAFTA, GATS, FTA, CETA, Intra-company Transfers and Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA).